Saturday, July 20, 2013

They Lie on HGTV

Have you ever watched someone paint on HGTV? They are in designer clothes and look just as good when they finish as when they started. I seriously can't figure it out except that they must have a double that steps in just as soon as the camera is off and quickly paints the room for them. I'm sitting here recuperating from painting our patio in what seemed like 150 degree heat and I'm covered in paint from head to toe. I can't be that messy, can I? My husband would say yes. I've been known to step down off a ladder and step directly into a pan of paint. Or the best one, as I'm painting the ceiling and a big glob of paint lands right in my eye! That was weird. I couldn't even find my way off the ladder to get to the bathroom to stick my head under the faucet. Luckily I had three things going for me that night. I was wearing contacts which protected my eye, I was using water-based latex and finally....Tom was there to guide me off the ladder and into the bathroom. Can you imagine what I'd look like today if I were using enamel???? Hello, this is my wife Pam. What? Her eyes? She doesn't like to talk about....

I wish I could be less messy. It's not for trying.  I've even hired a professional and watched them and I just can't figure it out. I do just what they do and I look like a kaleidoscope of color after I'm done. I don't even think they have a speck of paint on them when they leave. So I've come to the conclusion that HGTV lies and I'm the normal one.






No comments:

Post a Comment