I do want to tell you the only downside to this peace and quiet in May is the dreaded mosquito. As soon as I got out of the truck to help guide him into the parking space, I was swarmed and then a big ole ugllllyyyy bug hit me right in the forehead. Scared the ba-gee-beez out of me. I screamed for the Deep Woods Off and did the slap myself silly dance until Tom could get the tailgate open and I could douse myself in Off. Do they bite Tom? No, of course not. Just me. Dang it! He says, tongue in cheek, that it's because I'm so sweet!
We were going to stop in the town of Silver Lake and have dinner. Little did we know, that other than the Dinner Bell (which looked closed) there is no restaurant in town. There was a liquor market with some groceries and I scrounged up some frozen ground beef and shredded cheese to make tacos. I had the tortillas already. Good save!
We settled into the middle of a crowd of Oregon State friends and they seemed nice enough. In the morning, the opposing team (the Ducks) arrived in force and I'm sure tonight there is going to be some sparring going on between the two sets of fans.
We made our way to Bend, Oregon. Yes, we are off course, but we had heard so much about Bend that we decided to detour here. We're staying here through Saturday and then leaving for Crescent City, California where we will make our way up the Oregon Coast. After talking to our kids who won't be around next week in Gig Harbor, we decided to just focus on Oregon and spend three or four days in some cool spots.
Skye is still stressing out. She hasn't eaten much in the last couple of days. I gave her some doggie downers tonight to see if those would help. She's a typical Walker....she doesn't like change. We're realizing that we can't do a whole lot with the dogs. Kallum can't walk very far for hikes and we have to leave both of them in the car if we want to bike ride. We're going to look into doggie day care tomorrow.
Here's pics of the Thompson Reservoir!
No comments:
Post a Comment