Good morning! We had an exciting trip down the Redwoods Highway from Bend to Crescent City, California. Tom is an expert driver and took the winding roads in full stride. Yes, he was white knuckled and was a courteous Idaho driver pulling over when he had cars behind him. We arrived in the Redwoods and it's phenomenal!!!! The Crescent City KOA campground is amazing. We're tucked into the trees and today we're going to take the truck down south and see the bigger redwoods.
We have a couple next door to us in an RPod. They are extremely nice but we were subject to an hour of rocking and rolling coming from their motor home. Let's just say the springs need adjusting on their bed or shocks. Haha! We giggled like kids and I dared Tom to take a video of the trailer going down the road of ecstasy!
The dogs MIGHT be getting used to life on the road. They were nice and cuddly last night. Kallum hasn't done this much walking in a while. My only regret on this trip is bringing the dogs. It limits what we can do and it takes about an hour to get them fed and walked in the morning and evening. I put a white noise app on my phone and keep it on ocean waves and everyone, including the dogs, sleep soundly. No more 2 am wake ups.
Tom did buy some gasoline treatment for the truck as it's pulling this baby uphill is a bit of a strain. I dropped our new Keurig yesterday and while it's bruised and battered, it still works. The problem with it is that the water container on the back of the unit slides up so when you pick it up to move it, the container separates and it falls out of your hands. It almost happened to Tom and so he understands.
He still hates my hand signals. Oh! Here's a lesson. Study your spot carefully when you pull in to park. Yesterday we backed in and figured out we could pull through so Tom redid it so our door is actually facing our leisure space. As novices, its something we have to think about more often. There are back in spaces and pull through spaces. Pull through is much easier but Tom is a pro at racing in.
I added two videos today. One of our hacks on my original Facebook post and then the redwoods tour.
By the way, they reinstated my blog on blogger. I think they took it down because I mentioned other sites that might have malware or viruses. It certainly wasn't my commentary. But it's back and I'm using them again!
Talk to you from down the road!



No comments:
Post a Comment