The Oregon Coast is so beautiful! Cold....but beautiful. Average temperature in the summer is in the 60s while the average temperature in the winter is in the 40s. We were so awed by the huge rocks sitting haphazardly along the shoreline. This description was on one of the signs posted along the beach: "Many of the rocks were formed by volcanic activity and originated farther out in the Pacific Ocean. They were carried to the coastline by the movement of the Pacific plate as it slides under the North American plate. Because of their size, they did not subduct but remained on the surface to be shaped by millions of years of weathering and water as softer soil eroded."
We took the dogs on a long walk on the beach. To get to the beach, we had to take stairs down to it, which Kallum did readily until we got to the final few which were metal and had spaces between them. After a long walk, we found another set of stairs that were concrete and wood. While we were trying to figure out how to get Kallum back to the car (he's arthritic and was tired of walking), I took a little break among the rocks. I thought I found a pretty private area and as I got up and pulled up my pants, I turned around and a man was staring at me from the stairs. Poor guy got mooned accidentally or on purpose. I'm pretty sure he knew what I was doing and was just staring. He deserved that moon shot!
We are taking advantage of fresh seafood and ate a spectacular feast tonight ($$$$). Dungeness crabs, clams and prawns at Tony's crab shack! Messy but of so good!
Back to the RV.... we have become semi-pros with the RV. Tom is down to an hour packing up. No black water issues so far! We do like full service RV parks as our grey tank fills up quite rapidly. We can only take one shower before it's full. Being in the RV park allows up to empty it more often. We bought a TV cable and can now hook up and get local channels which was good when it rained last night.
We have great neighbors at this site who helped us get our TV working. They're pros in the RV world. Apparently they are going to Smith Liquors just inside the California border tomorrow to stock up on liquor which is cheap, cheap, cheap there. Dang it. We didn't know that when we were there.
Tom's bike needed a major repair concerning the dropper seat. Apparently the cord was pinched inside the frame and the poor bike mechanic spent the whole day (and this evening) trying to free it up so it would work in the future. Mine was a simple issue of the tension being too tight. Good lesson for me to know.
We are headed to Depoe Bay tomorrow and I think we're going whale watching to try and see a blue whale!
Here's some pics of the coastline!
WOW! the pics are spectacular!
ReplyDelete