So I have to fess up, my Diet Coke break didn't last very long. I tried very hard to give up the bubbly but you know what? I like it too much. It's not like I smoke, drink (I don't consider one or two a month a drinker) or do drugs. I am a self-confessed Diet Coke lover and well, it's what I need in the morning to jump start the brain, give me a personality and engage with the world.
My world without diet coke? Imagine a turtle crawling across the floor. Slowwwwww....dull....boring.
My life on diet coke? Well if you've ever driven down a Wyoming road late at night and you see those crazed bunnies racing alongside your car, you get the jest!
My hubby has learned that life does not begin at our house without Diet Coke in the morning. I'm not sure what I ever did to strike fear in his heart but he gets nervous when there's no Diet Coke in the house in the morning. I truly don't think I growl...
The truth is that I have cut down on the amount I drink. I've never really kept track (call it denial) of my intake but at one time some friends threatened to just hook me up to one of those distributor trucks. These days I can get through a whole week on a 12 pack. And I don't keep it at work anymore. I have a water cooler in my office and when I need some bubbly, I pull out a LaCroix water.
Am I making progress? I think so but if I pop a top in the morning, know that I'm doing it for your sake just as much for mine.
No comments:
Post a Comment