Shopping with your husband is like hunting with the game warden. It’s just not the same as when you are with your girlfriends. And now I fully understand the reason there are girls, couples and boys trips.
For the last couple of days we have been visiting small little towns along the coastline. Besides visiting State parks, there isn’t a whole lotta things to do, especially when you can’t leave your dogs for too long! So we have done both and I have to admit I have given up visiting the little stores. There is not the same joy shopping with your husband who stands at the door waiting for you or loiters on the bench outside. Girlfriends peruse shelves and come up with all kinds of thoughts on using things or even call you over to look at an item knowing you would dig it. They would see a cool cafe and urge you to go try it even if you weren’t really hungry — just to have the experience
Even though I wouldn’t trade my three week RV trip with my hubby for anything, I fully understand the importance of separate getaways. I will no longer whine when he does a 10-day backpacking trip with his buddies and doesn’t take me along. Even though I KNOW I could hang with the guys, keep up and blend in. Now when he’s gone on those trips I am going to plan a girls trip at the same time. And it’s going to include shopping, dang it, with girlfriends who enjoy it

yes indeed - variety is good. Some of each of those types of trips sound great. Question is... will you be taking the RV on your next girl trip???
ReplyDelete